This tool is paired with this guide for exporting your Google Photos if you need more help.
The program will help you:
- Extract and merge your Google Photos export from Google Takeout.
- Organize your photos into folders by year and month.
- Optionally rename your photos to a
year-month-day hour:minute:second number.extensionnaming convention
- Fix all file created and modified dates as they are organized.
- Optionally copy all available metadata provided by Google Takeout in
.jsonfiles back into the image/video files.
- Remind you to clean up after processing.
- Allow optionally just fixing file dates and metadata in-place without moving the files.
After downloading the correct file for your computer, you will need to exract the contents before you can run the program.
Once you have extracted the program, find the
GooglePhotosExportOrganizer executable within and double-click
it to run the program.
Once the program is open, simply follow the instructions within.